Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Growing Up or Something Like It

"A person's a person, no matter how small"... or young, old, educated...

We people grow and gain knowledge, skills, experience, status, and responsibility all through our lives, but when it comes down to it, we're still the same people. It's kind of weird to think about.

For example, my wife is a recent graduate, but she was once two years old; my niece just turned two, but she'll someday be a graduate and wife. Crazy.

I'm 24 and have a salaried corporate job, but I can still do an embarrassingly accurate imitation of Jabba the Hutt from Star Wars (in his actual language, Huttese) just like I was 10. Yes, people change...but they're still the same.

However you slice it, life is an amazing, peculiar mystery. It's certainly a mystery worth celebrating. So, in the spirit of celebration, two pictures from the weekend's festivities:


1 comments:

Heathe said...

mmmm... :-) life is good.