Friday, February 27, 2009

What I Learned in Greece

I recently spent five days in Thessaloniki, Greece working on a project for my employer. Yeah, rough job, but hey -- someone had to do it. Anyway, the trip was a success (you can read more about it here and here), and, in the process, I learned a few things about Greek culture:
  1. Everything is philosophical.
  2. Breakfast is a cup of coffee on the way to work, lunch is at 2 p.m., and dinner is no earlier than eight o'clock. One restaurant literally had to unlock the doors for us when we arrived at 8:30 p.m.
  3. Greek food is indescribably good and served in massive quantities. There's a reason they typically pass on breakfast.
  4. All laws are "elastic". This is especially true of their traffic laws. Suffice it to say one of our coworkers was mowed down by a motorcycle while crossing the street (don't worry, she's okay!).
Here are some photos:

For more pictures from the trip, check out my photo album on Picasa.

0 comments: